Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Parapente




PARASAILING IS THE BOMB!! This was the best weekend ever. Saturday morning we woke up early to take the Car Jaune two hours south to St-Leu on the West Coast. Ten of us then mounted the bus to take us to the top of the hills overlooking the sea and got mentally prepared to jump off the cliff with nothing but a parasail, a guide telling us to "run!", and a camera secured to the wrist to document the event.

I was a bit nervous (not scared, but rather that excited twinge in my stomach) before taking off, but once my harness was on and I saw the wind fill the sails of the parapente, I was ready. Run, run run, wait... I'm already in the air... flying, gliding, so peaceful.

We sailed up into some very low clouds, back down, did loops over a verdant canyon, saw paille en queue (a very graceful white bird with a long straw-like tail), and glided out over the lagoon to get a look at the coral reef. Before my pilot landed us safely on the beach he let me take the controls for a minute or two. Tee hee.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, that is AMAZING!!! looks absolutely incredible. so jealous... once again...


    keep it up, love, Megan Blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gasp!!! dude, it seems like you have way too much fun! lucky we are here in aiken and the only fun things to do is to go to wallmart when you are goin semi-maybe-sort-of skydiving. miss u
    hunter

    ReplyDelete