Sunday, July 15, 2007

Jersey- More than Cows





Jersey- not the US state New Jersey, but “old” Jersey- is one of the UK Channel Islands. It is actually closer to France (you can see the coast of France on a clear day!) than to the UK. I think it was Victor Hugo who said the Channel Islands were “Bits of Europe dropped by France and picked up by England.” Jersey (like the cow- renowned for its high milk yield and amazing taste, note the photo), Guernsey (also a breed of cow), Herm, Sark and Alderney are the Channel Islands (Herm and Sark seen here). Here’s a nice shot of the market in downtown St. Hélier, the capital.

4 comments:

  1. Katie,
    I love the cows!! I also think I would love any place that was both English and French :) The pictures are great and I am so happy that you are having a good trip. I must say that I am insanely jealous and reminiscing about Cambridge, but I am so happy that you are having a good time. It was great to get caught up on what you are doing. We are having a great time with Libby and we think of you often. Enjoy your trip, tell Monty we say hello, and we can't to hear from you again!

    Cheers,
    Kim (& Chris & Libby by proxy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wussap Katie!!!!!!!!!
    Its hunter and gram in sc. I helped gram find your site and showed her all of the pictures. we both loved all them. Gram says monty looks great. r u gonna post pics from jersey soon? cant wait to see them. Glad u r back safe and had fun with Montey!!
    Rock On and We Love U!
    Gram and Hunter
    P.S. Gram really loved the pics of europe! it reminded her of her trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Katie!!!

    always so good to hear from you! For some crazy reason, you're email was put into the spam part of my mailbox (ergh!) but it's all righted now. I'm so glad to see you having a fabulous time with seemingly fabulous people?! :) i would love to hear more of an update one of these days... I love our yearly catch up talks. Take care my friend!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you already know this, but you and Monty are quite the handsome pair. :) Great pictures--I enjoy living vicariously through you! Hope to see you back in Oregon soon.

    ReplyDelete