Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Mafate





My housemates, two other people and I went backpacking in the Cirque de Mafate for 3 and a half days right before Christmas. The hiking was phenomenal. The weather was not sunny and clear but that ended up being a good thing. Hot, sunny weather makes hot, tired, dehydrated hikers. Mostly we had cool, semi-cloudy weather, perfect for backpacking. The trails were in good condition and very much uphill. And downhill. And uphill again. I was tired every day and worked a lot, and sweated a lot!, but there was no point that i thought it was too difficult or that I was going to die. I did, however, look forward to the tops of certain hills. We ran into a really nice American named Amy and we hiked with her for most of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment