Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Veules-les-Roses, Cutest Town Ever!

I am in love with Veules-les-Roses! This lovely little town is home to the smallest river in France, La Veules. There are two words for river in French: a fleuve empties into an ocean whereas a rivière empties into another river. Since La Veules empties into the English Channel (La Manche), technically it is a fleuve and thus the smallest one in all of la France.




The charming houses with straw-thatched roofs make me think I'm visiting The Shire (and secretly I hope to see some Hobbits crossing the street).



There are several small mills here along La Veules. This wider spot in the river is home to a bed of cresson (watercress), which you can buy at a small hut by the bunch or in sauce form.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pictures !
    Congratulates

    Antoine / http://www.location-veules-les-roses.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I see you standing infront of my fathers house in Veules les Roses ... small world, Marianne

    ReplyDelete