Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Korea, etc.


One of my favorite moments in Korea!  There are all these crazy buttons on the toilets.  There's a built-in bidet... which I mustered up the courage to use one afternoon.  Let's just say that, um, it knew exactly where to aim.  The only trouble was that it wouldn't stop.  I had assumed it was on a timer, but no.  So, knowing one of the buttons was an alarm, I bravely pushed what I hoped what the "stop" button.  Luckily for me, the Korean toilet gods were on my side, and I did not set off an alarm.


My amazing travel buddy Marie hanging around in Insadong, one of my favorite areas of Seoul


View of... something... in Seoul


Look closely.  You can't read anything!  Well, unless you read Korean.  It's wild to not understand anything, written or spoken.  It gives me good perspective as to how my students must feel sometimes.

I understood literally nothing on this receipt.  Except that it was a receipt.

Starbucks in Korean

Robyn, Marie and Katie in a tea shop during a rainstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment