Saturday, August 10, 2013

Surf Camp 2013!

Surfing on the Oregon coast requires a wetsuit, but don't let the frigid waters of the Pacific keep you away.  The waves are great and it's a wonderful place to learn to surf.  Beaches are not overcrowded, surfers are a laid back group of folks, and people are happy to see others learning.

I have been afraid of water for a long time, and I have to admit that I was scared to do this.  I'm really glad I did, however.  SURFING IS SO MUCH FUN!!  The feeling you get when the wave "takes" you is like no other feeling I have experienced.  Success, freedom, flight, power and grace... and a real rush!


Me and Dan, pre-surf on the Oregon Coast


Otter Rock, Newport, Oregon


A surfer heading in for the day


I'd like to say that's me, but it's not



Part of the Surf Camp 2013 Crew

PS- My wetsuit makes me feel like Cat Woman.  You will feel that way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment