Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bretagne: The Brittany Coast

I was in Brittany (northwestern France, the peninsula that sticks out like a hand into the Atlantic Ocean) for nearly a week and it was wonderful! Perfect weather, delicious meals, great tour guide, amazing sights. All in all, as you can see, lovely.







The Golfe de Morbihan is well-known in Bretagne and France for its beauty. Gildas and I took walks each day somewhere with a gorgeous view. It's amazing to me (one who has never really lived by the sea, except for La Réunion), that the sea changes every day, really, every hour. Some days it's a crystal clear turquoise, the next a bright, brilliant blue, the next a milky green... Let's say that I could get used to it. We went to so many places I can't even remember all of the names (but a few: Sarzeau, St-Gildas,Le Logéo, Port Louis, Concarneau, Pont-Aven...)

No comments:

Post a Comment