Saturday, April 24, 2010

City of Chocolate

I'm not sure how many chocolate sculptures exist in Bruges at any one time, but I'm sure I didn't see them all. The time, effort and money put into these masterpieces is incredible. What happens to them after the display... not sure. Sold? Eaten? Melted and re-sculpted? Sent to Hershey?

This is rolled marzipan, not chocolate, but I didn't want to leave it out.


Go, bunny, go!


It's a jungle out there! A chocolate jungle!



Do you think Obama knows he's got an effigy in chocolate? What an honor!


Might be the largest and heaviest chocolate egg on Earth.


I learned in Choco Story, the chocolate museum in Bruges, that the first cocoa in Europe (specifically Spain) was sold exclusively at the pharmacy (apothecary) where it was mixed with other ingredients to cure ailments, for example cocoa and pepper mixed for someone with liver problems. Neat, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment